For years the BarCrawl website has provided a tool for users to create random pub crawls. A major overhaul of the site in the middle of 2008 added the ability for BarCrawl users to create and save their own custom pub crawls. A pub crawl can be created by finding pubs - interactively using a map or searching by text - and then adding the chosen watering holes to your crawl by clicking the 'Add To Crawl' button from the either the pub page or the map pop-up.
This has proven quite popular as you can see by the abundant user creations on this page. Some of these are well known pub crawls such as the Monopoly Pub Crawl or the Otley Run, some are clearly random but most look to have had some thought and effort put into them.
As you can see the pub crawls page is currently just one gigantic list of user created pub crawls. This can be broken down by city but needs work to present the data a bit more usefully, this will be done sometime soon. In the meantime we thought it would be good to list some of the interesting looking pub crawls created thus far:
- London Station Crawl
- Mumbles Mile
- Seafront Stroll (Brighton)
- Olde Oxford
- Rose Street Crawl (Edinburgh)
- A Bridge To Far? (London)
- St Mary Street Crawl (Cardiff)
- Derby Mile
- Castle Hill To Mill Road (Cambridge)
- The Clockwork Orange Pub Crawl (Glasgow)
- Animals (London) - pub names with animals in them
- Brighton A 2 Z
- Oxfordtur 2008 (Oxford) - with tourist info in some scandanavian language
- Hull Crawl - Old Town
- Unlucky for Some (London)
- Manchester's finest
- Wards Santa Suits Christmas Day Out (London) - includes lyrics for singing in between pubs!
- Me & Hil New Year's Eve Eve (London) - liked the idea: a crawl retracing a night out rather than planning it
More suggestions welcome!
New Feature: Click 'Show Route' on a pub crawls page to do route finding on a crawl and show the over all distance.